Convert iTunes Movies/TV Shows for Playback with VLC
Many people are quite used to purchase or rent videos from Apple’s iTunes store, but they rarely use iTunes media player for too much limitation of video formats, compared with VLC media player. It is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats totally freely. VLC is also able to stream media over computer networks and transcode multimedia files.
However, the question remains: "Will the versatile VLC media player play iTunes M4V movies/TV shows successfully?" Generally speaking, iTunes M4V movies and TV shows are in special M4V format with DRM protection, which means such videos are only available to enjoy on Apple devices, like iPad Air 2, iPhone 6. And you will get disappointed if you want to play such videos with VLC media player, unless stripping DRM protection away and converting M4V video format to common ones, such as MP4 compatible with VLC.
Here Tune4mac iTunes DRM Remover Software is an excellent helper to crack FairPlay DRM directly and convert iTunes M4V videos, both rentals and purchases, to popular MP4 format on Yosemite. It is worth to mention that Tune4mac can retain the 100% original video & audio qualities at 20X conversion speed. Never need to worry that the output file would be blurry or scrambled, nor the converting process would be too long.
1. Freely download and install Tune4mac iTunes M4V Converter Platinum on your Mac (Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion); for Mac OS X 10.7/10.6 users, please try 3.1.1 version ( Windows version here ).
2. Before the M4V to MP4 converting, please make sure you are running the latest version iTunes, and your computer is well authorized with the same Apple ID that you used when downloading the iTunes movies or TV shows.
Step 1. Add M4V Movies and TV Shows
Click "Add Movie" button on the top left corner to import videos to the Tune4mac M4V iTunes Movie & TV Shows Converter. If the video can't be imported, you can drag it to the program to import directly.
Step 2. Select Output Format for VLC Media Player
Click "Profile" tag and choose output format in its drop-down list. VLC media player supports almost all popular video formats, but "Same as source for mp4" is recommended for good performance in 20X conversion speed with original quality preserved.
Step 3. Customize Parameters of Output File
Tune4Mac iTunes DRM Remover software enables you to customize video & audio parameters in advance. And it is depends on your situations to set.
Step 4. Start iTunes Videos to VLC Conversion
When all the settings are OK, click "Start" to begin stripping DRM from iTunes M4V and convert to plain MP4 format. After the conversion, get the converted DRM-free videos in "History". Then launch VLC, click Media > Open File to play the videos.
Supported Input Media & Input Formats for VLC Media Player
Input Media: UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD Video, Video CD / VCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
Input Formats: MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative™ Voice
Video Tutorial on How to Convert iTunes M4V to MP4 for VLC on Windows
- Tune4win Upgraded to Support iTunes 12.1 and 12.2 Perfectly
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge Review
- Video Players-iPhone 6/6 Plus
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen with Kids
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes M4V
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices