How to Import iTunes Videos into iMovie or FCP for Further Edit?
Are you a movie addict? Have you ever loved a character or couples from some movie or TV series? Have you made your own videos? Do you like to cut movie from movie, shot from shot, scene from scene, and then add some music and make them into a new video? Like the videos we always watching on YouTube. If you have never tried, then have a try. For Mac users, they mostly chose iMovie or Final Cut Pro to do the steps.
Even you have purchased or rented iTunes movies and TV episodes, no matter iMovie or Final Cut Pro you are using, iTunes videos cannot be edited. It's because iTunes purchases and rentals are DRM protected. Therefore, before import videos into iMovie or FCP, we need to remove the DRM protection first. That brings out a question, how to remove DRM protections?
To remove DRM protection, first we need some third-party software. Tune4mac iTunes to iMovie Converter is a professional Mac M4V video converter tool, designed to convert DRM protected iTunes M4V purchases and rentals.
Here a Tutorial on How to Import iTunes Videos into iMovie or FCP:
1. Download and Launch the program
Download and install the Tune4mac DRM Removal (direct download). Then launch the allocation.
When launching the program, for Mac OS 10.8 Mountain Lion users, you may get the aforementioned error dialog. Then please go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy, click the lock icon in the lower-left corner and enter your administration name and password. Under "Allow applications downloaded from", select "Anywhere". Then launch and run Tune4mac again.
2. Add iTunes Videos
Add a DRM-laden purchase or rental by clicking the "Add" button. This will bring up a list of movies or TV episodes in iTunes, and then choose anything you like to convert.
3. Choose a Format for Your Video
The program provides different video formats. But as we know, iMovie and FCP are both restricted with some certain formats, thus, we need to choose a compatible format with iMovie or FCP.
This program has predefined settings for iMovie and FCP.
If you edit iTunes videos with iMovie, then click Profile -> Apple Software -> Apple Software iMovie
4. Set Video Parameters
Avoiding losing image quality during the conversion, we could set up the video size and bitrate to keep the quality high.
Generally, the higher video size is, the higher the bitrate is, the better and clear image will be.
5. Start Conversion
Click the "Convert" button to remove DRM and convert video to compatible format at the same time.
6. Import iTunes Videos into iMovie or FCP
After the conversion, the editors should support the videos. Then open your iMovie or FCP, go to the menu bar, click File -> Import -> Movies.
After all, videos from iTunes are now editable. And if you have noticed, you will find out that, the iTunes rental movies are not "rent" any more, without the DRM protection, it won't be expired in one month. Namely, now, you are not only could edit iTunes videos with iMovie or FCP, but also keep iTunes rental videos forever.
Then what? Try Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum now! To remove the conversion limitation of 1 minute free trial, please purchase the full version ( $69.95 $44.95).
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices