How to Use Nexus Player to Stream iTunes Movies to Watch on TV
Google had released Chromecast for streaming media files to TV and gained tons of positive feedback. And now, Google announced the Nexus Player, which will handle streaming, games and run Android apps. It's a flattened out, circular black box that connects to your TV over HDMI and works for watching media, Google Casting content and games with an optional game controller.
When launched on November 3rd, the Nexus Player will cost $99. The price is very similar to other streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV.
Nexus Player Key Specifications:
- CPU: 1.8GHz Quad Core, Intel Atom
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac 2x2 (MIMO)
- 8GB flash storage
- A remote control with a built-in microphone for voice search Bluetooth 4.1
Pro. Voice search. Handsome interface. Can "cast" content off phone, tablet, computer. Plays games. Custom recommendations.
Con. Expensive. Cast feature didn't always behave. Few apps.
If you have bought Nexus Player, you would find Nexus Player is a simple machine. Simple enough to set all things up quickly. The Nexus Player does plenty for a media device and all the functionality of the popular Chromecast is built right in. You can start streaming video, apps, and any other compatible services (including the Chrome browser) from your computer or mobile device directly to your TV.
For iTunes movies, although they are videos but can't be streamed to TV unless removing the DRM protection from the file format. To remove DRM of iTunes movies and stream them to play on TV via Nexus Player, the tool you need is DRM media converter and Tune4mac is one of the best for you.
Tune4mac iTunes M4V Converter Platinum helps to convert both iTunes purchased and rented movies, music videos, TV show to multiple plain video formats with losslessly quality. It perfectly supports the latest Mac OS X Yosemite and iTunes 12.3. (View Windows version of iTunes video converter plus)
How to Remove iTunes DRM and Stream iTunes Movies to TV via Nexus Player?
1. Run iTunes M4V Converter Platinum (Mac/Windows) on computer according to your OS.
Note: your computer should be well authorized with the same Apple ID that you used when downloading the iTunes movies.
2. Add iTunes movies to iTunes Video Converter
By clicking Add button, the program shows your iTunes library for your easily add the iTunes movies.
3. Choose Output Format
Click "Profile" dropdown list, choose "Same as Source MP4" format supported by Nexus Player.
4. Start iTunes M4V to Nexus Player Conversion
Click "Convert" buttonto start converting iTunes movies to MP4 format. You can find the output files by clicking "Open" button.
5. Download Google Cast extension for your Chrome Browser.
6. Open a new tab in Chrome browser and add the converted iTunes movies or TV shows to the address bar. Then, Chromecast will cast them to your TV.
- Drag the files on to the Chrome Browser.
- Copy & paste the path of the video file in the Chrome Browser Address bar.
- Right click on the video file > Click on Properties > Click on Security Tab > Copy Full video path > Paste in the Chrome browser.
Note: Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum trial version only supports converting the first 5 minutes of iTunes movie. To remove the conversion limitation, please purchase the full version.
People who viewed this page are also interested in these articles:
- How to Watch DRM iTunes Movies on LG LED/LCD/3D TV
- Convert iTunes Movies with all Subtitles & CC Included
- How to Keep iTunes Rental Movies Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- iTunes Movie/TV Show to VLC
- Enjoy iTunes Rental Movie Frozen
- Remove DRM from M4V Movie
- Stream iTunes Videos via Plex or Nexus Player
- Roku 3 vs. Google Chromecast vs. Apple TV
- Keep 5.1 Audio of iTunes Movie
iTunes Videos to Devices
- Watch iTunes Movie on Windows Media Player
- iTunes HD Video to Huawei Ascend Mate7
- Play iTunes Movies on LG TV
- Stream iTunes Movie to TV via Nexus Player
- Mirror iTunes Movie to TV with Chromecast
- Import iTunes M4V Video to iMovie/FCP
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- Watch M4V on Google Nexus 6
- Enjoy iTunes M4V Videos on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever on iPhone 6s
- Keep iTunes M4V Rentals on iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3
- Transfer iTunes Movies to iPad
- iTunes Movies to Android
- Play iTunes Videos on Nexus 7
- iTunes Movie to Kindle Fire
- Transfer iTunes Movies to PS4
- iTunes Movies to xBox One
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Play M4V on Samsung Galaxy S4
- Play M4V on Samsung Note 8
- Sync iTunes Movie to Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Convert M4V to Lumia 920
- M4V to Surface RT & Pro
- M4V to BlackBerry Torch
- iTunes M4V to HTC Devices